There are many things in our culture that grab us and won’t let go.
Sometimes sex is one of them.
Perhaps that’s the case for you or your spouse/partner.
Sexual addiction plays a prominent role in the “I Can’t Say No” kind of extramarital affair I outline in my E-book, “Break Free From the Affair.”
These questions are intended to help you be more aware of some behaviors that perhaps indicate that sex has a hold on you.
If you answer yes to three or more questions it probably is wise to take a closer look at the place of sex in your life.
- Do I have sex at inappropriate times, inappropriate places and/or with the wrong people?
- Do I make promises to myself or rules for myself concerning my sexual behavior that I find I cannot follow?
- Have I lost count of the number of sexual partners I’ve had in the past 3 years?
- Do I have sex regardless of the consequences (e.g. the threat of being caught, the risk of contracting herpes, gonorrhea, AIDS, etc.)?
- Do I feel uncomfortable about my masturbation, the fantasies I engage in, the props I use, and/or the places in which I do it?
- Do I feel jaded, exhausted, cynical? Am I on the path to that?
- Do I feel that my life is unmanageable because of my sexual behavior?
- Do I have sex as a way to deal with or escape from life’s problems? Do I feel entitled to sex? Do I feel as though I have earned sex?
- Do I have a serious relationship threatened or destroyed because of outside sexual activity on my part?
- Do I feel that my sexual life affects my spiritual life in a negative way?