Story of how Kymberly LeHoullier got her husband off dialysis . . .
Daily 30 minutes of walking . . .
- Every green vegetable imaginable
- Lettuce, kale, spinich, greens; mustard, collard, beet, dandilion, seaweed etc;
- Cabbage (all kinds)
- Broccoli, peas, Brussel sprouts, green beans, wax and purple beans, soy beans, artichokes, asparagus, all peppers. Summer squash : zucchini and yellow squash. Eggplant and spagetti squash.
- Sprouts, alphalpha bean, raddish, etc.
- Cauliflower (all colors), parsley, fennel, radishes (all), endive, arugula, carrots, onions, leaks, bamboo shoots, watercress, lima bean (green), mushrooms (limited), cucumbers, beats, celery, spirulina, okra, turnips, parsnips.
- Blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, cherries, strawberries, cranberries,
- Watermelon, pomegranates,
- Pinapple, pears, apples
- Limited 1/2 cup 1-3 times wk depending of phosphorus levels being mid line.
- All whole unprocessed.
- Rice, brown, black, wild
- Oats, quinoa, barley, buckwheat, rye, millet, kamut, spelt, teff, wheat (red & white) and corn.
Beans and legumes
all, limited to 1/4- 1/2 cup 2x-3× per wk max based on phosphorus and potassium levels holding mid line on lab values.
Heavy garlic, tumeric, ginger and cinnamon intake due to inflamation and oxidative stress. Also for heart, glucose and renal health.
What they avoid . . .
- any animal products, processed foods, oils, added sugars or salts
- potatoes, winter squash, tomatoes
- Don Davis Story – Getting off Dialysis. (n.d.). Retrieved July 23, 2021, from https://www.facebook.com/notes/natural-kidney-journey/don-davis-story-getting-off-dialysis/2253406031645504/
- What we eat list. (n.d.). Retrieved July 23, 2021, from https://www.facebook.com/notes/natural-kidney-journey/what-we-eat-list/2220100014976106/