Do you wait until Thanksgiving Day or Christmas to thank those that you love and those that have helped you?
It is important to spend time during these special holidays to be thankful.
However, it shouldn’t be the only time you demonstrate your love and appreciation to others.
There are some great reasons to thank people throughout the year and not just during the holiday season.
1. Your appreciation may have more of an impact when it is done at an unexpected time. Giving thanks during the holidays can be somewhat expected. Surprise someone by showing your gratitude when it is least expected and it will be remembered for a long time.
2. It can be done immediately after an event you are most thankful for. That is when it will encourage others the most.
- 3. Your notes and thoughtful comments won’t get diluted by those from others trying to catch up for the past year on their thanks.
- 4. You can give more time and personalized attention when showing your gratitude. You will not have to do something for a large list of people in a short period of time.
You should have no problem thinking of ones to thank on a daily or weekly basis.
If you need some ideas, here are some to get you thinking:
What are some ways to thank those that have made a difference in your life?
Try one of these ways or be creative with your own heartfelt method:
- 1. Send a handwritten note or letter that expresses your thankfulness.
- 2. Tell the person face-to-face how grateful you are for them being in your life.
- 3. Provide a simple gift to the person. Don’t give an extravagant gift or you run the risk of minimizing the actions of the other person.
- 4. Help the other person in a way that benefits him or her.
Giving thanks doesn’t just benefit the other person. You will receive benefits from doing it as well. You will begin to feel happier and more relaxed.
In fact, it has been proven in studies that being grateful can have a positive effect on your health. It can reduce your stress and boost your immune system.
Why wouldn’t you look for every opportunity to show your thankfulness to others?
Don’t wait for a holiday before you look for opportunities to show your gratitude. Give thanks on a regular basis throughout the year.